This chilled Minty Cucumber and Carrot Soup fromJazzy Vegetarian’s Deliciously Veganby Laura Theodore makes a colorful and refreshing first course, or a light and frosty summertime luncheon entrée. The beautiful orange hue, combined with a hint of mint, produces a delicate and welcoming flavor to this easy to make warm weather soup.
Minty Cucumber and Carrot Soup
- 2 2/3cupspeeledseeded and chopped cucumber
- 1 1/2cupspeeled and chopped carrots
- 1teaspoonmaple syrup
- 1small clove garlicchopped
- 1teaspoonextra-virgin olive oiloptional
- 1/2teaspoonfirmly packed chopped fresh mint
Put all of the ingredients into a blender and process until almost smooth.
Transfer to a medium-sized bowl. Cover and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours, or until well chilled. Stir before serving.